The public voting stage is now closed
We have received 46363 votes by 13210 people from all over the world. Thank you! Discover the selected 61 finalists from all over the EU and in the Western Balkans, by clicking the button below.
The announcement of the15 winners of the Prizes 2023 will take place during the two-day NEB in Regions and Cities event taking place on 21 and 22 June, in Brussels.
The two-day event will serve as a forum for learning and exchange among people, institutions, municipalities, and regions who are implementing or have an interest in developing NEB projects on the ground. The event will host thematic sessions and panel discussions, as well as a NEB Prizes exhibition’ space opened to external visitors.
The second day of the event -22 June will be accessible to the general public. The official opening day of the event will take place in the morning, followed by a High-Level Panel Discussion at 10:30 CET. The day will also celebrate the culmination of the NEB Prizes 2023, with the announcement of the 15 winners of the Prizes 2023, and the laureates of the of the biggest dedicated EU call under the European Urban Initiative call, taking place at Awards Ceremony on 22 June at 15:30 CET.
You can follow the official opening of the event, the High-level Panel Discussion, and the Awards Ceremony taking place on 22 June, in this platform. To know more about the event and register to participate in person click on the button below.
NEB in Regions and Cities eventAdd the event to your calendarList of finalists
The New European Bauhaus is a creative and interdisciplinary initiative that connects the European Green Deal to our living spaces and experiences.
The New European Bauhaus Prizes 2023 are open to applications from the EU Members States. For the first time they are also open to the Western Balkans. The Prizes will award up to EUR 30,000 for exemplary initiatives linking sustainability, aesthetics and inclusiveness - the three complementary values of the New European Bauhaus.
Find out more about the Prizes below:
What are the Prizes about?
The Prizes recognise and reward existing projects and young people’s concepts, which demonstrate that the sustainable solutions promoted by the European Green Deal can also be inclusive and beautiful, bringing high-quality experiences to people's everyday lives.
The Prizes will be awarded in four thematic categories (for detailed descriptions, see the Guide to Applicants):
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- The need for long-term, life-cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem.
Project title: Gleis 21
Category/Prizes edition: Regaining a sense of belonging. Prizes 2022
Location: Vienna, Austria
In each of the four categories, there are three parallel competition strands
- Strand A: “New European Bauhaus Champions”, devoted to existing and completed projects with clear and positive results.
- Strand B: “New European Bauhaus Rising Stars”, dedicated to concepts submitted by young talents aged 30 or less. The concepts can be at different stages of development, from ideas with a clear plan to the prototype level.
- Strand C: “New European Bauhaus Education Champions”, devoted to initiatives focusing on education and learning. Both completed projects, as well as initiatives with a minimum level of maturity are eligible (see the Guide to Applicants for details).
What is there for me?
There will be 15 prizes in total. The jury will select 12 winners (one winner for each category in each strand). Three winners will be selected through an open public voting (one winner per strand).
All winners will receive a monetary prize:
- EUR 30,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Champions (Strand A) and New European Bauhaus Education Champions (Strand C),
- EUR 15,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars (Strand B).
All finalists will be invited to Brussels to participate in the award ceremony, and will benefit from a communication package provided by the Commission in order to support the promotion of their project.
Project title: ESSERI URBANI
Category/Prizes edition: Mobilisation of culture, arts and communities. Prizes 2021
Location: Puglia, Italy